Construction has started on the refurbishment of 2 existing bungalows and a new two storey passive house in Snape.
Construction of a new timber Cartlodge and library.
A show house is currently being built using a new concept build for a new company called MBloc. (www.mbloc.co.uk)
We have recently been selected as finalists for the 2015 LABC East Anglia Awards. Click below to view our awards page.
Construction has started on a new passive style dwelling.
A new 2 bedroom annex is to be built using our new modular system.
Our trainee Bex has now successfully completed university and achieved a 1st for her BSc (Hons) Degree in Quantity Surveying, she is now settling into her new role.
We are soon to start a new passive dwelling in Stansted, Suffolk.
We have been asked by Eden Rose Coppice Trust to be involved in building a new passive mulit-comfort building at Brickmakers Wood Ipswich. We feel extremely privileged to be involved in this project.
Maple Building Services have been selected as finalists for the 2016 LABC Awards. Read full article here
Hartest - The various extension work plus new kitchen and bathrooms have been finished, with the desired expectations exceeded.
Great Oakley - We have now completed re-refurbishment and improvement work for a very satisfied client.
Glemsford - The single storey extension and alteration work has successfully been carried out according to plan and time-scales, resulting in an extremely happy client.
Leavenheath - The construction of this lovely new Suffolk house is progressing well and due to be completed soon.
Eastbridge - The building of these two new exciting passiv haus' is very close to being finished.
Bury St Edmunds - Work to this property is progressing well and on schedule, which includes a double storey extension and extensive restoration work.
Bulmer - We are proceeding well with this two storey annexe accommodation to a secluded house, in the Suffok countryside.
Wrabness - We are currently constructing a 'Farmhouse style' new build for an existing client, for whom we previously carried out a barn conversion.
Hartest - We have just started building a high-end house that is situated in an elevated position, with a design that mixes a traditional façade to the front, and a contemporary glass rear elevation - to make the most of the stunning views across the valley.
Earls Colne - Work has commenced to carry out complete refurbishment work to a large property which will be extended to create a significant family home, full of interesting features.
Leavenheath - Demolition of existing property and construction of new 2 story dwelling.
Hartest - Various extension work - Kitchen, en-suites, additional bedroom, plus garden room.
Gt Oakley - Refurbishment works.
Bury St Edmunds - Extensive restoration work and creation of double story extension to current single story dwelling.
Mill House, Hartest - Construction of a new Agricultural Barn.
Glemsford - Single story rear extension and alterations.
Work in Leavenheath is underway - we are demolishing an existing residential building and replacing it with a Three Bedroom House, plus Double Garage & Workshop.
In Bury St.Edmunds work is about to commence on a Single Storey Dwelling - we are undertaking extensive Restoration work and creating a Double Story Extension.
2 New Passivhaus' are currently under construction.
We are close to completing a fabulous large contemporary cedar clad house on the north Norfolk coast.
We are currently undertaking a full refurbishment of a listed building in Manningtree.
Construction of two ‘passiv haus’ in Eastbridge, is now underway.
We are once again delighted that Maple have been selected as finalists for the 2015 LABC East Anglia Awards in 3 Categories – Best Local Builder, Best Extension and Best Individual House – The Awards Finals are to be held in June.
We are pleased to announce that we have had our Investors in People accolade successfully renewed for a further three years.
A female member of staff has just completed her retained fire fighting training and begins active on call duty on Sunday 26th October after also gaining her First Aid trauma certification. She will be stationed at Long Melford and will be the first female firefighter at the station, an achievement that Maple are very proud of.
We are currently in the process of adding a new venture to the Maple Group by way of an Interior Design service. We have an in house experienced designer who will progress this side of the business.
LABC East Anglia Building Excellence Awards
Roy Bareham our Contracts Manager triumphed at a recent black tie awards ceremony after being named “Site Supervisor of the Year, 2014”. The event was held at St Andrew’s Hall, Norwich hosted by BBC Look East presenter David Whiteley. The LABC (Local Authority Building Control) awards are a celebration of the best projects in the region (East Anglia) for quality and compliance with building regulations. The award is testament to ensuring an outstanding working relationship with the local authority and going above and beyond the call of duty.
In addition to this award Maple were also finalists in two other categories on the evening - Best local builder / traditional craftsmanship and Best new small housing development.
- Our Trainee Quantity Surveyor has successfully completed Year 3 at Anglia Ruskin university and our Apprentice Bricklayer has also completed his first year at Otley College.
- Amongst our current builds, we have been busy with two large projects along the North Norfolk coast, in Blakeney and Thornham which will take us through to the end of the summer months.
We are delighted to announce that Maple have been selected as finalists for the 2014 LABC East Anglia awards in the following two categories:
· Best Local Builder or traditional craftsmanship
· Best new small housing development
Relating to our own development at Maple Tye, Stoke By Clare a construction of two traditional styled homes.
In addition to the above, Roy Bareham (Contracts Manager) has been nominated by St Edmundsbury Borough Council for "Site supervisor of the year". We feel, a well deserved recommendation that is testament to Roy's professionalism and working relationship with all parties throughout the build.
The award ceremony is due to take place on Friday 13th June 2014 at St Andrews Hall in Norwich.
- Works are underway for a client based in the peaceful hamlet of Nedging Tye (Mid Suffolk) for a new 4 bedroom, 2 storey home which is expected to complete in the Autumn.
- We are currently carrying out major alterations and enlargement works to a 1970's built bungalow in Elmswell, Bury St Edmunds. Again due for completion in the Autumn, these works will bear a radical change to both the facade of the property and the interior which involves considerable remodelling.
- We have been contracted for the construction of a cartlodge at a 'Maple' built property, completed last year in Stoke By Clare.
- In the final stages of scheduling is a demolish and rebuild of a 4 bedroom home in Colchester, Essex which we expect to commence in April.
- With the purchase of a development site in Glemsford, Nr Sudbury, we have demolished and cleared the site with environmental remediation works currently in progress prior to commencing the building of a new 'Spar' convenience store plus additional retail unit.
A new year brings a busy work schedule for all at Maple
- Within the first 3 months of operating, Maple Joinery has dramatically increased it's workload and in turn doubled the workforce with plans to add further joiners in the not too distant future. The Joinery division are able to undertake commissions from private individuals and also fulfil contractors obligations with their bespoke and purpose made requirements. The Building Services arm has a very busy year ahead with some exciting projects in the pipeline.
- The new build energy efficient home in Snape, Suffolk has proved an interesting and informative undertaking, which includes elements we can carry forward with future builds. This is due for completion in October.
- Heading towards the final stages of the build are our 4 bedroomed home in Long Melford and both bungalows in Acton, with completion toward the end of October.
- Refurbishment has commenced on a large Victorian property near Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk. This impressive building dates back to 1864 and presents fine examples of Victorian gothic architecture.
- Due to commence soon is the restoration of a Chapel within the grounds of a large private Suffolk estate.
- With an increase in works and several large imminent projects we have employed four extra staff, including two experienced and skilled Joiner Carpenters.
- We continue our commitment to training and development with Chris Rolph commencing his NVQ Level 2 Course in Bricklaying at Otley College.
- Following the works we carried out last summer to the Ormiston Sudbury Academy (formerley Sudbury Upper School), we were invited to deliver the second phase including internal alterations, decoration and re-flooring.
- Maple have taken on yet another new build in the form of two detached two bedroomed Bungalows to be built in the village of Acton, Nr Sudbury. These are due for completion by the end of the year.
- Maple are delighted to have been selected as the approved contractor for a new eco efficient build home in the Suffolk village of Snape. The build deemed to be a carbon zero house will utilise the latest technology and sustainable products and will commence this month.
- Another new Maple development has been approved and is under way in the High Street, Long Melford. A traditional styled 4 bedroomed home which will be due for completion in September. Please contact us for further details.
- Our Bury St Edmunds office which opened in January 2012, is gaining interest in the town with many enquiries filtering through. Several projects in the area have been completed and we will be commencing substantial renovation works to an imposing Victorian former rectory in a nearby village.
- Springtime will see the commencement of a local convenience store based in Glemsford, Sudbury, Suffolk.
- CIN (Construction Industry News) approaches Maple to profile the company in response to our LABC (Local Authority Building Control) award (click here for full article).
- Peter Wojcik, our Award Winning Apprentice, has successfully completed his 3 year apprenticeship scheme and is now a full time member of the team.
- In succession to Peter, we welcomed Ollie King in July who has commenced his 3 year carpentry apprenticeship.
- Another apprentice, covering the 5 year BSc Honours Degree in Building & Quantity Surveying has successfully completed Year 1 and is underway with the second year.
- Maple has successfully renewed its Investors in People Accolade.
- In May 2012 and in recognition of our hard work and commitment, we were proud recipents of The Building Excellence Award from the LABC (Local Authority Building Control) for "Consistent Builder of Quality 2012".
- Maple apprentice wins award:Read article